Just some quick thoughts and observations:
- Veronica Escobar: Has Escobar endorsed Gina Ortiz Jones yet? I figure since it is a big deal to have a Latina representing Texas in Congress, then the more the merrier, right? And will Escobar join Ortiz Jones on the campaign trail?
- John Cook: Cook is more than likely your next County Judge. His opponent had hired Norma Chavez, and then hired Forma, and now will hire Eddie Holguin, Jr? Ultimately it really does not matter who is County Judge. The El Paso Times editorial board said as much when it told its readers to flip-a-coin. Only in El Paso did the County Judge seem larger than life and that was in large part due to Escobar and her cozy relationship with the El Paso Times. In other metropolitan areas of note, who is or isn't County Judge is an after thought.
- Again, Escobar: Is Vero going to handle Congress well? She is used to being an executive, the Queen Bee, the head honcho or whatever you want to call it. She is not used to being 1 out of 435.
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: My 2015 Wrangler already has over 70,000, and do not get me wrong, I still love driving her, but man, that 2018 is pretty sweet.
- Susie Byrd: Susie is not doing well at all. More on that in the next post.